12 January 2011

it's the little things


it's cliche, i know. but it really is the little things that make life worth living. right now, one of my favorite little (or not so little) things is my nephew, ryder. i never much gooshed over babies (thank you, jerry mcguire) and never really anticipated becoming an aunt. i didn't get it when people were consumed by their nieces or nephews.

now i get it.

so, back to the little things. ryder has this thing about wanting people to do things with him. so, one of his most common phrases is "with me." it's about the cutest thing you've ever heard. apparently, a couple of days ago, alexis was talking to ryder about going to the doctor, and he said, "brookie, with me."

yep. life is worth living.

3 comments:

Anna B said...

i love that!! he is so adorable. and he just gets cuter and cuter.

Alexis Poelman said...

yea!!! awesome. ryder loves his auntie brookie. whenever i ask who he'd like to call on his pretend cell phone, the answer always comes back, "BROOKIE!!"

Tammy Scoville said...

I couldn't agree more. Today during the Sacrament I was trying to tell Grace about Jesus and how he loves little children. We were looking at a picture of such and Gracie nods and says, "Jesus want wa-wa?" and tries to give the picture of Jesus a sip from her sippy cup. Made my crazy, hectic Sunday.

something to remind me of me