22 May 2009

my new home

on my way home from the gym this morning, i started thinking about all the things i like about south carolina. i was surprised at how many i came up with after only living here for a week. i thought i would share my list. here it is...so far...in no particular order:

1. the view out of my bedroom window is green.
2. i can drive with my windows down, because, despite the humidity, it's still in the 70's here.
3. the gym is only 5 minutes from my house. it's brand new and has a cardio movie theater room. i watched transformers while i ran this morning.
4. i can shop at the farmer's market all the time for fresh fruit and veggies.
5. strangers have conversations with each other at places like the car wash and the grocery store.
6. anna lives here.
7. our roommate aimee is super duper cool, but likes to keep it on the DL, so don't tell anyone.
8. no matter where i drive, i inevitably cross a river.
9. they have a grocery store called publix with tons and tons of organic food.
10. i can go to the beach whenever i want. (going on monday for memorial day)
11. there are lots of tiny theaters downtown that put on amazing plays.
12. it's distinctly southern; ie: the confederate flag flies proudly in front of the state capital.
13. my roommates have DVR. watching TV is so much better sin commercials.
14. my street looks like something out of steel magnolias.
15. it's relatively close to DC. i'm already planning another trip up there.

3 comments:

Alexis said...

That's a pretty good list.

I want a farmer's market. A beach would be nice too.

Maybe we should move. :)

Liz said...

You are making me rethink where I want us to move next! Nate visited Charleston a few months ago and loved it. I'm tentatively planning on doing the cooper river bridge rugn next spring. Maybe I should see you there?

brooke and forrest said...

yay liz! so good to hear from you! yes, we should totally hook up. love the south...you should move here!!!

something to remind me of me