09 September 2009

the down-side of usc

so. my excitement over being hired at USC has dwindled just slightly over the last week or so. it turns out that, as anna has been telling me for the last two years, things don't run quite as efficiently at USC as they did at BYU. this has become painfully apparent to me as i have tried to deal with getting my paperwork filed with the payroll department.

here's the deal. i was supposed to get paid on the 1st of septmember, but i had to have my transcript sent from BYU before the dean would pass on the paperwork. fine. i understand that, kinda. like a responsible human, i contacted BYU immediately and had the transcript sent priority mail (which cost me extra)to USC. it arrived in a couple of days, because BYU rocks. so, on my paperwork went, or so i thought.

now, they're telling me that i won't get paid on the 15th of september either, because my name is still not in the system. despite all i've done to rush the process, including emailing professors i hardly know, it looks like i'm going to have to wait even longer to get a paycheck.

needless to say. my pockets and my bank account are feeling frighteningly empty. sigh. pray for a miracle!

3 comments:

Chels Allred said...

girl! go raise some hell and get paid!!

Tammy Scoville said...

Why can't people get it together? One more starving teacher, eh?

Alexis Poelman said...

lame. don't inefficiencies suck? i have a new-found extra hate for them now that i'm a mom and everything i do is time-sensetive. seriously, why can't people just do their jobs?

something to remind me of me