25 June 2011

story time

the best part about being up north for the summer is spending time with my nephew, ryder. there's nothing quite like it: he randomly tells me he loves me, gives me kisses, makes me laugh till i cry, asks me to play imaginary tennis with him, says the cutest things in the funniest voice ever like "hot tamales" and "you're nice. i like you." on sunday, he told me that i looked pretty. so, life is good.

one of my favorite things to do is read him stories at nap time and bed time. mike and alexis are gracious and let me in on the fun. ryder will fill in many of the words in the stories if we stop reading. it's adorable. one of the few books that made the trip is there's a wocket in my pocket. when i was a kid, this was my favorite dr. seuss book. now that i'm an adult, it's still my favorite dr. seuss book.

since we only have a few books with us in NY, we've read this one a million times. ryder knows almost all the words. the other night, i read it to him, saying only the first part of each rhyme, e.g., do you ever have the feeling there's a wasket in your..., and ryder filled in the final word. he knew the end to every rhyme in the book. it was precious. i'm loving my summer!

1 comment:

Anna B said...

look at all these blog posts!! i had no idea! my blog usually let's me know when other blogs have updated, but it didn't work this time! loving it. what a great way to spend the summer--with a nephew that totally adores you. what could be better?

something to remind me of me