20 June 2011

what i miss most about south carolina

right now, i'm in between homes. i am spending the summer living with mike, alexis, ryder and baby coconut poelman before i leave for korea. thus far, this summer has been indescribably marvelous.

however...perhaps because of my homeless-esque state, it's only just starting to become real to me that i won't be going back to south carolina. i've decided that i miss it and that, before i forget, i need to make a list of things that i miss about it. so, here's the list, in no particular order.

the candy-scented air
day trips to folly beach
anna
the movie theater at harbison
friends from the lake murray ward
the carolina roll at fusion bowl
gold's gym in lexington
hanging out in the WC with graham
driving over rivers everywhere i go
running into students on campus
southern accents
beezers
my office
so many former students who are now some of my dearest friends
walking through the horseshoe
elizabeth and nicole from USC's FYE
my apartment, particularly my bed
all the single ladies: jean marie, aimee, kelli, jessie, and mara
teaching

ok. so, i realized in writing this post that i could go on forever, and this is by no means an exhaustive list, but i have oh so many other things to blog about. i will just say that, despite its craziness, the south has sunk into my soul, and i miss it dearly. i feel lucky to have met so many incredible people in south carolina who have changed my life forever. to you all, i am in debt. i will always remember my time in columbia with a smile. farewell, dear south.

2 comments:

Anna B said...

love this post. sc misses you and you have changed it forever.

also--loving the new look! xoxo

Jean Bean said...

I just ate my dinner while reading your blog, I have loved it! Loved it, loved it! You have such a genuine simplicity to...to you. And yet you aren't simple-minded nor are you simple in a bad way. You just seem to get it. Whatever 'it' is. So anyway, this comment is to say that I really enjoyed dinner tonight while reading your blog. And I miss you. God bless you, dear friend! You bring goodness wherever you go.

something to remind me of me